Microsoft Dynamics AX Support Consultant
Job ID: 517608
Back to search
This role primarily exists to provide Level 2 Support and Maintenance for the ERP system. It includes responding to escalated service requests and tickets and interacting with end users, vendors, business processes and software to provide functional support, diagnose and resolve problems, perform routine maintenance and to implement configuration changes to modify and enhance the system.
This role also exists to provide functional, business analysis and systems support for ERP systems. This work may include the creation of functional design documentation, implementation of solutions, participating in testing, systems preparation, cutover and go-live activities, and also providing training and knowledge transfer to end users.
Role Specific Deliverables and Work Activities
Skills, Interests and Qualities:
- Identify application problems by conferring with users; evaluating procedures and processes.
- Analyse and resolve application functionality related issues and provide second level support and troubleshooting of Enterprise Applications systems
- Strives to meet job KPIs and Service Desk SLAs
- Ensures operation by training users; providing support.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Advise, support and execute system configuration changes, adhering to configuration management principles.
- Analyse data contained in the Dynamics AX 2012 system and define data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems; implementing solutions.
- Write or update technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, work instructions, user guides, etc whilst complying to guidelines.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving ERP issues.
- Inherently follows ITIL and IT Service Management fundamentals to execute their role and associated activiities
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent commiunication and customer care skills
- The ablity to explain technical solutions clearly
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to keep accurate work records
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities